July 21st to July End
July 2026 Summary
July started off with a mixture of sun and cloud, with a
little bit of rain. I took the usual sun and moon photos, Venus, deep sky
objects, a comet and a phone camera shot that showed the faint constellations
of Sagitta and Delphinus.
July started off with a mixture of sun and cloud, with a
little bit of rain. I took the usual sun and moon photos, Venus, deep sky
objects, a comet and a phone camera shot that showed the faint constellations
of Sagitta and Delphinus.
Sun
The sun is still quite well-placed in July from the northern
hemisphere and started the month quite active.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55375985351/in/album-72157666438967194
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55377008977/in/album-72157666438967194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55378350005/in/album-72157666438967194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55381931361/in/album-72157666438967194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55387992054/in/album-72157666438967194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55393817068/in/album-72157666438967194
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55397343691/in/album-72157666438967194
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55417950894/in/album-72157666438967194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55433938611/in/album-72157666438967194
The sun is still quite well-placed in July from the northern
hemisphere and started the month quite active.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55375985351/in/album-72157666438967194
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55377008977/in/album-72157666438967194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55378350005/in/album-72157666438967194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55381931361/in/album-72157666438967194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55387992054/in/album-72157666438967194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55393817068/in/album-72157666438967194
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55397343691/in/album-72157666438967194
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55417950894/in/album-72157666438967194/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55433938611/in/album-72157666438967194
Moon
The moon was difficult in the evening sky, following the
summer solstice.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55376801937/in/album-72157668899851116
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55382982906/in/album-72157668899851116/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55415540519/in/album-72157668899851116/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55428160453/in/album-72157668899851116
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55429111197/in/dateposted-public/
The moon was difficult in the evening sky, following the
summer solstice.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55376801937/in/album-72157668899851116
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55382982906/in/album-72157668899851116/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55415540519/in/album-72157668899851116/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55428160453/in/album-72157668899851116
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55429111197/in/dateposted-public/
Planets
July was not a good month for planets, with only Venus
showing in the evening sky. It was shrinking in phase but increasing in
apparent size.
· Venus July 2nd
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55376810265/in/album-72157668899804626
· Venus
July 30th
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55376810265/in/album-72157668899804626
Saturn and
Neptune reappeared in the late evening sky. My attempt at Saturn was poor but I
caught Neptune for the first time since it disappeared into the sunset.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55433089004/in/album-72157668899804626
July was not a good month for planets, with only Venus
showing in the evening sky. It was shrinking in phase but increasing in
apparent size.
· Venus July 2nd
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55376810265/in/album-72157668899804626
· Venus
July 30th
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55376810265/in/album-72157668899804626
Saturn and
Neptune reappeared in the late evening sky. My attempt at Saturn was poor but I
caught Neptune for the first time since it disappeared into the sunset.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55433089004/in/album-72157668899804626
Dwarf Planets/Asteroids
I photographed Juno on July 16th.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55399629976/in/dateposted-public/
I photographed Juno on July 16th.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55399629976/in/dateposted-public/
Constellations
I have taken better constellation photos than this one of
the Summer Triangle. What is remarkable is that I took it using a low-end
smartphone. Not only does it show the constellations of Cygnus and Lyra but it
also shows the faint constellations of Del-hinus and Sagitta, the first for me
with that setup.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55409065389/in/dateposted-public/
I have taken better constellation photos than this one of
the Summer Triangle. What is remarkable is that I took it using a low-end
smartphone. Not only does it show the constellations of Cygnus and Lyra but it
also shows the faint constellations of Del-hinus and Sagitta, the first for me
with that setup.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55409065389/in/dateposted-public/
Deep Sky
Due to the lack of true darkness, July is not a good month,
so I concentrated on some of the brighter objects.
· NGC6645 in Sagittarius:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55375485177/in/album-72157666438989044
· M22 in Sagittarius
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55378624943/in/album-72177720325141895
· M29 in Cygnus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55386705811/in/album-72177720325141895
· M39 in Cygnus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55389505207/in/album-72177720325141895
· NGC6888 in Cygnus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55391821609/in/dateposted-public/
· M2 in Aquarius
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55392134335/in/album-72177720325141895
· IC5146 in Cygnus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55391958804/in/album-72157666438989044
· M27 in Vulpecula
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55397551884/in/album-72177720325141895
· NGC 6755 in Aquila
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55399635316/in/album-72157666438989044
· NGC6709 in Aquila
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55401119338/in/album-72157666438989044/
· Wizard Nebula (NGC7380) in Cepheus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55411606001/in/album-72157666438989044
· M15
in Pegasus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55425442340/in/album-72177720334531745/
· M14
in Ophiuchus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55429131262/in/dateposted-public/
Due to the lack of true darkness, July is not a good month,
so I concentrated on some of the brighter objects.
· NGC6645 in Sagittarius:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55375485177/in/album-72157666438989044
· M22 in Sagittarius
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55378624943/in/album-72177720325141895
· M29 in Cygnus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55386705811/in/album-72177720325141895
· M39 in Cygnus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55389505207/in/album-72177720325141895
· NGC6888 in Cygnus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55391821609/in/dateposted-public/
· M2 in Aquarius
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55392134335/in/album-72177720325141895
· IC5146 in Cygnus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55391958804/in/album-72157666438989044
· M27 in Vulpecula
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55397551884/in/album-72177720325141895
· NGC 6755 in Aquila
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55399635316/in/album-72157666438989044
· NGC6709 in Aquila
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55401119338/in/album-72157666438989044/
· Wizard Nebula (NGC7380) in Cepheus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55411606001/in/album-72157666438989044
· M15
in Pegasus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55425442340/in/album-72177720334531745/
· M14
in Ophiuchus
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55429131262/in/dateposted-public/
Transient Events
I photographed Comet 10P/Tempel on July 8th
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55388423697/in/album-72157668626470961
I photographed the moon with Venus on July 17th
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55401159029/in/album-72157668626470961
I photographed Comet 10P/Tempel on July 8th
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55388423697/in/album-72157668626470961
I photographed the moon with Venus on July 17th
https://www.flickr.com/photos/philippughastronomer/55401159029/in/album-72157668626470961
July 2026 Photo Album
July 2026 Full Report
Page down to view.
Page down to view.



























Comments
Post a Comment